Wednesday, 30 June 2010
Saturday, 22 May 2010
Today, in Fareham, the temperature topped out at 20 degrees centigrade. Lovely. We had planned to go on a picnic, and had it all ready to go. The day started out well, and I cycled 2 miles to the 'local' coffee shop, bakery and florist to pick up coffee (duh), muffins and a flower to lay a breakfast tray. I learned a valuable lesson here-impromptu coffee collection is not truly viable.
Tuesday, 18 May 2010
Leave a nice note on a bike, or say hi to a cyclist at a red light
Schedule a bike date with a friend or partner — dress up!
Recruit a non-biking friend for a ride
Ride with your family
Sunday, 16 May 2010
Friday, 14 May 2010
It seems polite to introduce myself. The box on the right over there says it all. Hi, I'm Mickey, I work in a professional capacity as a Database analyst and I commute by Bike. There are many stereotypes about the 'type' of person who commutes by bike, and I take pride in breaking every single one. I wanted to start a blog to share my experiences for a while, and the lovely ladies at Let's go Ride a Bike have given me the perfect incentive to start one.
They are running the LGRAB summer cycling games!
For full details, mosey on over to their (fab) site, but the gist is that each week has a theme, and there are a number of events in each section. Anyone who completes at least two events in each of the three categories will be entered into a draw to win a Batavus BuB bike. They're also giving away prizes as readers complete each category!
I shall be trying my best to complete all of these, and I'll be on Honeymoon in Amsterdam for some of the games, so test riding different bikes and carrying loads should be a piece of cake.
May 17-June 6: Social Cycling
- Go on a group ride
- Leave a nice note on a bike, or say hi to a cyclist at a red light
- Schedule a bike date with a friend or partner — dress up!
- Recruit a non-biking friend for a ride
- Ride with your family
June 7-June 27: Learning Experiences
- Perform a maintenance task — big or small!
- Decorate your bike
- Read a book about cycling
- Carry a load on your bike — groceries, etc.
- Test ride a different type of bike than you normally ride
June 28-July 18: New Territory
- Ride a greenway
- Have a bicycle picnic
- If you don’t normally ride to work, commute by bike, or by bike/train or bike/bus
- If you do commute, take the long way home: add distance to your usual ride
- Explore a new part of town by bike